How to Save a Fortune on Direct Mail Postage
Reduced Postage Rates
There are a bewildering number of postage options, qualifying criteria, and questions when it comes to sending mail. Will franking really save you any money, or how else could you get a better discount? The answer is by using a fulfilment company. Here's how a fulfilment company like ours receives reduced postage rates, which we pass onto you:
- We send high volumes of mail out each year; therefore, we're able to negotiate the lowest available letter postage cost through downstream access suppliers (DSA).
- For letter volumes of more than 4000 (just 1000 for large letters), we can pre-sort your data to take advantage of the best-sorted mail postage rates.
- Our software presents the mailing data into the required sort order for Royal Mail. Our DSA suppliers deliver the pre-sorted items directly to the designated Royal Mail hubs, cutting out all Royal Mail's sortation work.
So you can take advantage of the heavily discounted postage rates we receive. You'll get rates that are better than Mailmark franking, general franking, stamps and even lower rates than Royal Mail.
Are There Different Formats for Mail Sortation?
Absolutely! Here's what you need to know. The best way to get the lowest postal price available for starters would be to hit the minimum volume brackets. Providing you have a volume of over 4000 letters (or 1000 large letters), you should be able to get even better discounts.
For advertising mail (or admail), you can choose two different formats: entry-level and intermediate. Both require that the mail is sent with environmentally friendly products (terms apply). We'll send your mail using the most efficient products to increase your admail discount and get the best bulk mail rates. Whether your job needs Mailmark or OCR, the admail data must be in suitable formats to pass. But if it fails to meet the standards, you can still send it as Business mail via either Mailmark or OCR to get the cheapest postal rates possible.
If you're sending fewer than 4000 letters (or 1000 large letters), you can still take advantage of our excellent bulk mail pricing. Up until around the 50k+ mark is where you'll see the best-sorted mail postage rates.
How to Save Time and Money
Did you know that 95% of enquiries for direct mail and postal rates find an even more significant saving when we complete the entire fulfilment? This is because not only will we create your artwork, provide your print and mechanically enclose the items, but we'll bulk post too, using the most efficient format available.
You'll find more time to do your own job as you benefit from the huge savings in three areas:
- You'll benefit from the volume-related discounts we receive from our carefully selected print partners. They provide the responsibly sourced paper (FSC accredited) that's essential for Green Post too.
- Say goodbye to expensive and time-consuming franking. Our high-speed envelope enclosers can insert more than 27,000 items per hour, all while intelligently matching and inserting.
- Enjoy industry-approved high-speed printers for perfect personalisation and variable data.
It really is direct mail made simpler, faster and cheaper. But, of course, we supply data and help you with the artwork too. And whatever approach you choose, we'll keep you in the loop at every step.
At Flow Fulfilment, our team are ready to help you save money on all your postage. Do you want to learn more about lowering your postage costs while growing your business through direct mail? Then the next step is to contact us today and speak with one of our Sales Consultants.